Alpha Gamma Delta women are doing amazing things in the places where they live and work. All alumnae are encouraged to submit a sister for recognition who shares our Purpose with others every day.
The Distinguished Citizen Award is presented to alumnae in good standing who have made outstanding contributions and achievements in various fields and professions in their communities. Achievements of nominees should be unique and clearly rise above and beyond all levels of expectation. Fields to be considered are: Arts, Business, Education, Government, Public Service, Religion, Science and Social Service. In addition, nominees should have some connection to Alpha Gamma Delta in their alumnae life. Nominations can be made by an alumnae chapter/club, a collegiate chapter or by an individual member of the Fraternity. Recipients are selected by International Council and the award is presented at International Convention.
Click here to complete and submit a nomination form. Nomination forms are due in February, in a non-Convention year.
Click here to view all past Distinguished Citizens.
Alumnae nominated for the Talent of Leadership Award have made significant contributions to their professions or have made a positive impact in their local communities. Examples of contributions that could be considered for the Talent of Leadership Award include:
- Recognition by a professional organization
- Recognition as an expert in her chosen profession
- Publications such as books, articles, newspaper columns
- Long-term leadership or service to a charitable organization
- Outstanding volunteer in a local community
- Board membership in charitable organizations
- Holder of a political office, or a political appointee
- Organizer of a community action group
- Local business leader
- Any local accomplishment in the fields of the arts, business, education, government, public service, religion, science or social service
Sisters are recognized locally at International Reunion Day celebrations and receive a commendation from the International Fraternity.
Nominations can be made by an alumnae chapter/club, a collegiate chapter or an individual member of the Fraternity. Click here to complete and submit a Talent of Leadership Nomination Form. Nomination forms must be submitted by February 15.
Congratulations to the 2020 Talent of Leadership recipients!
- Bonnie Everhart, Theta Rho–Barry University, for Community Service
- Kathy Hansen Fox, Gamma Lambda–Longwood University, for Community Service
- Monique LeBlanc Guilderson, Alpha Eta–Dalhousie University, for Medical and Health Sciences
- Julie Payne Kitchmeier, Epsilon Rho–Texas A&M University, for Higher Education & Student Affairs
- Helene Martucci Lamarre, Beta Xi–Purdue University, for Education & Career Development
- Li Li Leung, Alpha Beta–University of Michigan, for Business & Athletics (Gymnastics)
- Marsha Moore, Alpha Eta–Dalhousie University, for Literary Arts
- Renee Skau, Delta Theta–University of Idaho, for Higher Education & Residential Life
- Rebecca Davis Wendorf, Xi–Arizona State University, for Vocal Performance & Entrepreneurship