To welcome the opportunity of contributing to the world's work in the community where I am placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed and the talent of leadership multiplied.
As members of Alpha Gamma Delta, we hold true to these values and look for opportunities to better others' lives.
ALPHA GAMMA DELTA’S WEEK OF SERVICE
In 2016, we launched our first International Week of Service where members from all over North America participated in local community service initiatives. Members volunteered at humane societies, retirement communities, local clean up services and many more. By volunteering together during Week of Service, we were able to impact our communities.
Save the Date for the 2020 Week of Service! It will be held February 9-15, 2020.
Here's how you can be involved in this exciting tradition:
Service Immersion Experience
Are you someone who loves to give back to the community and is up for the challenge of traveling to a new place? Alpha Gamma Delta's fourth annual Service Immersion Experience is in the works and we want you to apply! In partnership with the Association of Fraternal Leadership and Values (AFLV), we will host a week-long opportunity for sisters to come together to volunteer, learn about the history and culture of the New Orleans community and learn how they can make an impact in their own community.
- Why: With our talent of leadership multiplied, we can serve a diverse community, learn about different people and cultures and make a difference in the lives of people in need.
- When: The Service Immersion Experience will be held January 5-11, 2020 with January 5 and 11 reserved for travel.
- Where: Participants will stay at Camp Restore in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Who: Sisters who will be collegians the term of January 2020
- Cost: A $100 refundable deposit is required for selected participants and will be refunded upon completion of the trip. The Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation is a proud sponsor of the Service Immersion Experience. Learn more here.
- How to apply: Complete the application by clicking the button below by September 30. Applicants will be notified in mid-October if they have been selected to attend.
We are also seeking skilled alumnae facilitators to join the service immersion trip in January to manage the learning and serving experience. See below and apply if you are interested.
- Facilitation of daily debrief sessions
- Coordinate transportation to and from service sites (with staff member on site to assist)
- Manage difficult conversations around race, prejudice, privilege and other social justice topics.
- An IHQ staff member will be on site to help coordinate logistics, but you will be expected to fully participate in all service and group activities.
Flight, lodging and meal expenses are covered by the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation. If you are interested in attending as an alumnae facilitator, fill out this survey by October 5.