Alpha Gam Loves Meals on Wheels
Alpha Gamma Delta is a proud partner with Meals on Wheels America, the oldest and largest national organization, supporting the more than 5,000 community-based senior nutrition programs dedicated to addressing senior hunger and isolation across the United States. More than 15.5 million seniors in the U.S. live alone and face isolation due to declining mobility and geographic location.
As the number of seniors in North America grows exponentially over the coming years, there has never been a better time to be part of Alpha Gamma Delta’s philanthropic focus of fighting hunger. To help combat the negative effects of isolation, we encourage you to participate in Meals on Wheels’ annual Love Letters campaign. Create a handmade card and Meals on Wheels will deliver it—along with a warm meal—to one of their clients.
Meals on Wheels operates in nearly every U.S. community through a network of 5,000+ independently-run local programs. A few kind words on a handmade Valentine card can significantly brighten the day of a homebound senior.
Here’s how you can help:
1. Fill out this form to let us know you’re interested in being matched with a local Meals on Wheels program. They connect you to any participating programs, and a representative from your local Meals on Wheels program can help you with a card count and delivery plan.
2. Start crafting! Use construction paper, markers, stickers and other supplies to design your Valentines, but please NO GLITTER. We also ask that you also avoid religious or political messages. Make it a family project or a sisterhood activity! Need some inspiration? Download the Alpha Gam card template!
3. Snap photos of your cards and sisters to share on social media. Be sure to tag Meals on Wheels America and use #MealsOnWheels #AlphaGamServes.
4. Deliver your cards to the designated Meals on Wheels program, so they can be included with meal deliveries or events on or around Valentine’s Day.
5. Unable to get cards together by the deadline? No worries! Meals on Wheels will accept non-holiday-specific cards any time of year.
Questions about getting started? Visit Meals on Wheels’ Love Letters with Alpha Gamma Delta website or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.