HOW TO PLAN A MINI REUNION TO INTERNATIONAL CONVENTION
Gather all your sister-friends
Call women from your pledge class you haven’t spoken to since graduation and plan a girl’s getaway weekend! Or, step it up a notch and travel to International Convention with a group of ladies from your alumna chapter/club. It’s time to reunite with some of your favorite Alpha Gams and experience the Fraternity’s biggest event of the biennium.
If you can’t attend Convention in its entirety, do not fret! Day passes are available for purchase at $350. We recommend attending Saturday as it will entail personal and professional development breakout sessions, Feast of Roses and closing celebrations. If you want to come to celebrate you or your sister-friend receiving an Honor of Epsilon Pi, you will want to choose Friday for your day pass.
Book your room
Convention attendees must book their own hotel accommodations. In order to receive the Alpha Gamma Delta discounted rate at the Convention hotel, attendees should book their room here or call the hotel at 1.800.835.6206. Reservations must be made by May 26, 2020, to guarantee a room at the discounted rate. Book a few extra days at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge or find a fun Airbnb for the rest of the week and experience all that Phoenix has to offer alongside your best sister-friends.
Map out your adventures
Convention takes place June 24-27, 2020. Plan to attend the full slate of Convention events or take advantage of the a la carte option—you decide! Don’t forget to leave room in your schedule for some fun excursions. Here are five must do’s while in Phoenix with your gal pals:
- Eat brunch at Proof Canteen in nearby Scottsdale and indulge in their lemon ricotta masa cakes and bourbon pecan sticky buns.
- In June, the average temperature in Phoenix is between 102 to 109 degrees Fahrenheit, but don’t let the heat scare you away! Visit Churn for a sweet, cold treat!
- What’s a girl’s trip without a spa day? Treat yourself to a facial, massage or mani-pedi at Fuchsia Spa.
- Express Facial (includes cleansing, one masque, moisturizer and SPF): $49
- 50-Minute Custom Massage (choose between a Swedish, Deep Tissue, Prenatal, Therapeutic or Reflexology massage): $90
- Pink Manicure (includes warm soak, nail shaping, cuticle care, masque, massage and polish) $29
- Pink Pedicure (includes a warm soak, nail shaping, cuticle care, sugar scrub, heel therapy, callous removal and massage): $42
For a full list of services Fuchsia Spa offers, click here.
- Don’t forget to pack an outdoorsy outfit to explore the Sonoran Desert or take a morning horseback ride via the Koli Equestrian Center.
- Shop ‘til you drop! Visit a couple of Phoenix’s top ten places to shop:
Brag about it
Promote your trip on your alumnae chapter/club website, post on your personal social channels to spread the word and let us know! You might even inspire other women to plan their own mini reunion to!