REASONS WHY I GIVE
The following post was written by guest blogger Noelle Dunckel Nachreiner, Chi–Michigan State University, Communications and Programs Manager for the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation.
The season of giving is upon us! From showering those we love with gifts to supporting causes close to our hearts, the reasons we give our time, talent and treasure are all different—and personal.
As we celebrate #GivingTuesday, a global giving movement, the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation recognizes our impact is only accomplished through the generosity of those who give in support of our mission.
We asked our donors why they choose to give, and their reasons were so inspiring:
- “I choose to give because I received. If I am going to lead by example, then I should not only give my time. My blessings are not meant to be kept but shared and multiplied.” – Karin Struck Burwell, Beta Omicron–Illinois State University
- “I choose to give because the Foundation is listening and helping those in need, reaching out to everyone and inspiring me to give more.” – Anne Rubsamen, Delta Alpha–University of Southern California
- “I choose to give because Alpha Gam sent me to LeaderShape in 2017. I expanded myself as a leader and grew my network.” – Alana Bobra, Delta Nu–University of Calgary
- “I choose to give to help those sisters when they need it most.” – Erin Butkovic, Kappa–Allegheny College
- “I choose to give to support education and give back after receiving a Foundation Scholarship for my master’s degree.” – Jenny Kaser, Beta Alpha–Nebraska Wesleyan University
There are many reasons to give this #GivingTuesday. Do you want to support educational opportunities for collegians, like scholarships? Is leadership development for chapter officers and advisors important to you? Perhaps you want to assist nonprofit organizations who are fighting hunger in our communities, or help sisters facing financial or other emergencies? No matter your reason, the Foundation has a program dedicated to supporting our sisters.